Interview with a Harry Potter fan part 1

Majority of my posts will probably be mostly book reviews because I’m a major book geek and read pretty much every day. So naturally I’d start off with the phenomenon that everybody knows, the Harry Potter series. Now I’m a huge fan of the HP books and films, but one of my best friends puts me to shame because she is a super fan. Like a super huge fan. In fact, I’m pretty sure that if you insulted it she’d probably punch you. Ok…maybe she wouldn’t punch you but she’d definitely act like you didn’t exist. Anyway, so instead of writing a review myself, I interviewed my friend instead because she loves harry potter and has read the books many, many times, and never gets bored of them. We spent two hours talking about Harry Potter, laughing, munching on Kit Kats as you do, and finding out all her thoughts on the series. She mentioned at the very beginning that the thing she regrets most, is that she read majority of the books after the films. She couldn’t create all the characters from her imagination, so when she reads the books now, “all I’ve got in my head is Daniel Radcliffe” and when she reads “professor Snape, Alan Rickman pops into” her head. She didn’t have the opportunity to create that world in her mind. She also didn’t like the fact that when she read the books she kept noticing the things they had missed out in the films, important scenes, which she thought should have been in there but she still “loves the films”. So here are a few of the questions I asked.

Books or films? I prefer the books. The books are so much more detailed that I cried at some of them, especially the last one. There’s a scene where the Dursley's are having to move but Harry is staying behind which was in the film, but they missed out the actual conversation between them where the Dursley's are actually nice to Harry. I’m really gutted they didn’t put that scene in. I wish they put that in. With the films I always want to know more and the books give you that. So I personally prefer the books, I love the films but the books offer more information.

So the Deathly Hallows is your favourite book? That and the first one because how can you not say the first one, that’s what introduces you to Harry Potter and the whole wizarding world. It’s funny how it’s the first and the last but I mean it’s where it started and where it ends.

So your favourite character is Harry Potter I’m guessing? Duhh, hands down Harry Potter! I’m like to other people, how can Harry Potter not be your favourite, it’s about Harry Potter. Obviously I’ve got other favourites like, well, I hated Snape but. This. Book. Changed. That. The Deathly Hallows explains Snape was protecting Harry and I actually cried at that. But Neville is my second favourite. You know, he started out as this weedy kid and it’s like why is this boy even a wizard, like, he’s just the worst wizard but then it’s weird how his character changes and becomes this superhero in the end. His loyalty to Harry and they’re friendship is what changes that. I mean in the film when he’s like you’ll die in vain I literally cried my eyes out.

So who do you despise the most? Excluding Voldemort because he’s obvious.  People might be shocked about this but I’m going to say Dumbledore. I mean I could have the wrong end of the stick but the whole way through the books, he's made to be this hero protecting Harry, but in the book you see he was just raising him to “be a pig to slaughter”. So for me as a reader, I was like, oh so you didn’t care about Harry. He was just a bit of a dick really. You brought Voldemort so don’t you start. So, yeah, Dumbledore.. hes a bit of a sneak. Bit sly.

What’s one of your favourite moments? It’s really small but I kind of feel like when you find out Snape is the good guy. For me, I was genuinely shocked and surprised because you know six books previously you think, why is he so mean to Harry? He hates Harry. But then you find out he was protecting Harry, putting himself in so much danger pretending to be on Voldemort’s side.


What didn’t you want to happen in harry potter? Excluding deaths, was there something you would have preferred not to of happened? You’ll probably think this is petty but I didn’t want Harry and Ginny together. I haven’t got a major reason but I just didn’t think they went well. The same with Ron and Hermione. I mean even JK Rowling commented on the relationship between Harry and Ginny. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig