Interview with a Harry Potter fan part 2

How many times have you read the books or your favourite book? I’ve read the first book more than seven times. I even have a special edition from Harry Potter world. That’s the book I want to show my kids and be like you read this book. Just read it.

So who was the person you didn’t want to die the most because well a lot of people died? Sirius Black. He was the closest thing he had next to his dad and I thought Harry’s finally going to have that family but he was then just ripped away from him and I just thought why? Why does everyone Harry loves die.

Was the seventh book the saddest for you? Yes! I cried the most at that one. It’s quite sad but then then there are some bits that I cried at because it was such a lovely moment. I like the ending. I prefer the ending in the book to the film. Like in the movie he just flaked off and I was like why has he died like that. So yeah, the ending was better in the book and I feel like they ended it at the right moment.

Did you like the 17 years later bit? I personally like it and it’s not like she had another book about it. She didn’t go too much into it but it answered the questions of like what happened. I personally liked it. I found it quite special with the kids going to Hogwarts because that’s where it started for them.

I’m quite passionate about books, they make me laugh, cry, happy etc  and a lot of them I can connect with, is that how you are with Harry Potter? Can you connect with it? Yes. Like I’m amazed at this woman who can just create this world. For someone to write this, it’s amazing. It’s one of those stories I didn’t want to end. Like obviously there’s no wizards, there’s no witches I know that but It’s like an addiction.  I’m just so happy JK Rowling brought this to us. Going to Harry Potter world is like a dream. It’s like you’re in the book. Harry potter was my childhood.

A lot of people say with books you can escape reality, do you agree? Yes I think Harry Potter does that. I don’t care saying this, I could be having the worst day in the world and the one thing that will cheer me up is reading a bit of Harry Potter. It could just be reading a chapter of it or the Harry Potter Wikipedia page or just looking at his face, which ever one will cheer me up. It does help you escape from the real world. I use Harry Potter to escape.

 So what is it about Harry Potter that gets to you? I don’t know, it’s hard to explain but I’m just always like why? Like it’s one of the stories you just want to know more and it comes down to JK Rowling being an amazing writer. It draws you in. When I bought the first book I read it in a day, you know, minimum toilet breaks. I just sat there reading it. It’ll be twenty years later and I’ll be one of those who’s chanting keep Harry Potter alive. I’m just like wow. Not many things get to me like that but Harry Potter does.

Do you think harry potter sort of inspires you or has influenced you in any sort of way? That’s a hard question. Like obviously its fantasy but there’s a lot of powerful quotes in there.  One of them being said by Sirius who says, the ones that love us never really leave us. That quote wasn’t important to me till my brother died but then when I read it again, I sat there for a minute and I was like that is so true. It made me feel better. There are other quotes that are so inspirational like "the world isn’t split into good people and death eaters, we all have light and dark inside us what matters is the power we choose to act on. That is who we really are." This is so true, everyone’s got their good and bad selves but people choose to act on either side.

Do you think you’ll always be a fan of Harry Potter? Yes. 100 percent. I’ll be telling my grandkids about it. I’ll still have the books, the DVDs although by that time there probably won’t be any DVDs so I’ll have to find another arrangement. Got the films on my phone. I’ll always be a Harry Potter fan. Definitely. It just makes me happy, I mean you read all books but Harry Potter is my guilty pleasure.

So that’s everything and trust me when I say this is actually a shortened version of the original recording I had. Thank you so much to one of my best friends Vicky Tanner who shared with me her thoughts on Harry Potter. I find it so interesting how some people may not like reading, they may hate it but when they find a book they love, like Vicky did with harry potter, it stays with them forever. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig