ARC of The Nowhere by Chris Gill

Honestly, this is another book that I am still unsure of. I did like it but I think it’s one of those books that I would only read once.

I thought the book was well written and I liked how it was structured. You watch the story unfold through the present time and through flashbacks of the past. It was nice to see how the main character developed and changed throughout different times of his life.  I will say, it was a bit slow in the beginning and I wasn’t gripped from the start.  However, it did pick up towards the half way point in the book.

My favourite thing about the book was the relationship between the main character, Sebastian, and his baby brother, Jeremy. Their relationship was a powerful one and you could tell they had a special bond. I enjoyed reading their scenes, especially the spider scene! So cute! I’m still not a fan of spiders though. Not even a book can change that for me.

Unfortunately, there were a few things that I didn’t like about the book.  For example, I found the main character, Sebastian, to be quite annoying at times and don’t even get me started on the character Kylie. Maybe I’m being too harsh but I just couldn’t connect with her. To me, she just wasn’t a good friend.

Overall, I have given it 3 stars on goodreads as there were elements of the book that I liked.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig