October Reads


Since Halloween is almost upon us, I thought I’d create a list of some of my favourite supernatural reads. So in no particular order, I’ll begin. 

The Soul Screamers 

Warning: Contains teenagers, reapers, Hell (Yes, the actual place) and evil demons. I’m not quite sure why I deemed it necessary to state demons are evil since I’ve never heard of a nice one. Actually, does Crowley count? If you don’t understand that reference, shame on you.  These books are super addictive and a reread is definitely in order. 

The Demon Trappers

This is another series and the books need to be read in order. They contain demons, heroic hunters and possibly a dragon? Ok, I could be lying about that last bit. Don’t judge me, I haven’t read them in a while.  I started this series when I was 16. Unfortunately, I found the 4th book slightly boring and decided to take a break…which I’m still on. Looks like I’ll be rereading this series too. 

Raised by Wolves

Bryn’s sarcasm will leave you in tears but make no mistake, this is not a cheerful series. In fact, I’m still recovering from the final book. This is probably the only series I wish I hadn’t started to reread because then I could still be living in ignorant bliss. Yes, I might be being a tad dramatic but if you read the series you’ll understand. 

The Morganville Vampires

Are vampires your thing? You should try visiting Morganville, a place you’ll never want to leave. Glass House is the first book in the series and I loved all of them. Unfortunately, I did have some issues with certain books but they’ll be explained in separate reviews. Once I write them, that is. 


House of Night

Indeed, I am hitting you with another vampire series. The books are sad, funny, incredibly unrealistic yet super addictive. I couldn’t keep up with all of them as life got in the way but I am planning to read the rest soon. I’m not actually sure if the series is finished but it’ll be interesting to find out what happened. 

Hush, Hush

Let’s switch it up a bit and throw in some Fallen Angels, shall we? The Hush, Hush series obviously makes the list. I’d quite like my own Patch although this is subject to change since I haven’t read the complete series. I am a fan but when you have to wait a year for the next book in the series, you get a bit preoccupied. 

Hex Hall

Up for some witchcraft? Then Hex Hall is the place to go. I was about 15 when I read this series so the target audience is quite young. I’ll admit, I wasn’t a fan of the ending but that’s because it didn’t go the way I wanted it to. Unfortunately, that happens way too often. 

The Lunar Chronicles 

This series will also be featuring in my favourite fairy-tale adaptations post. I love these books and have them in hardback and on my kindle. They’re funny, twisted and sometimes quite creepy but I highly recommend them! 

The Wolves of Mercy Falls

I’ve read this series so many times that the spine has bent on most of them. That might not seem like a big deal but I have serious OCD when it comes to the condition of my books. Grace and Sam have a love story you’ll definitely want to read. 

Harry Potter 

How about attending the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Of course, Harry Potter has to be mentioned. Be part of a magical world you can truly get lost in and if you’re struggling with lack of imagination, don’t worry. This series has you covered.  

So that is my list. I do have more recommendations but I thought I would limit it to 10 since we don’t want to be here forever.  





No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig