My First Requested Review!!


I was super excited to read this book as the author, Nicky Blue, contacted me and asked if I would review it. I, of course, said yes! Let me point out, if you choose to read this book just know it does have elements of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Trust me, it will make the first few chapters so much clearer. I was super confused at first as I didn’t realise it was actually part of that genre. Obviously, when I did realise, things fell into place. Kind of like Patrick Ness’s book, The Rest Of Us Just Live Here. Who knew that was going to be part supernatural?


Anyway, let’s move on to the actual book, shall we? The story is mainly centred on the character Barry. However, we are quickly introduced to a few other main characters who all play significant roles in the novel. I’ll admit, I didn’t really connect with any of them but I think this was the intention as the book is quite fast paced. Or it could just be me? However, the characters do show hints that another novel could be in the making, which might mean we’ll see the characters in more detail and be able to connect with them more. One scene I did enjoy, was the exchange between the two older women characters at the end. I won’t spoil It, don’t worry! But let’s just say, I can totally picture my friend and I being the exact same way.

As mentioned, the book is fast paced, making it a quick and easy read. Depending on how busy you are, you could probably finish it in under a day or even just a few hours. It’s pretty outrageous, definitely crazy and undoubtedly for the older audiences!  It actually kind of reminds me of the TV show, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. I’ll admit, I did expect a lot more sarcasm but there are still elements of humour. Overall, I have mixed feelings about the novel and still not quite sure where I stand with it. Therefore, I’ve given it 3 stars on Amazon as I honestly can’t make up my mind about it.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig