Uprooted Review


A cursed wood, a clumsy girl and a man named Dragon. What's not to love? 


This was a book I did enjoy, however,  I  just couldn’t give it the full five stars which I’ll explain further in the review.

Agnieszka, who is the female protagonist, goes from a weak, clumsy girl, to an incredibly powerful witch. It was nice to see her character strengthen and see the loyalty she had for her friends, family and the people from her town. Especially Kasia. They are more like sisters than friends, which is easily noticeable through Novik’s writing. However, I think my favourite scenes were with Agnieszka and Dragon as they were always eventful. Especially that one time she crashed into him! Actually, come to think of it, that might have happened more than once.

Even though I enjoyed the book, I have to admit,  there were few times I did get a little bored. For me, the explanation of the evil wood seemed to drag on more than I thought was necessary and I also expected it to be more humorous. Don’t get me wrong, I understand it’s not supposed to be a funny book but I thought there would be more elements of humour as we witnessed some earlier on in Novik’s novel. 

Overall, it’s managed to make my recommends list and I really did like seeing the character Agnieszka grow into a confident and powerful person. She went from being awkward to a person who could actually make a difference and help. A progression that I think was beautifully written by Novik.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig